Today, October 5, we would like to send our best wishes to all of the teachers of the world in celebration of the World Teachers Day. We are a group of activists working in solidarity with imprisoned Iranian teachers in a campaign named "Be Voice of Iranian Teachers."
In Iran the teacher unions are banned and the civil activist teachers are prosecuted and detained by the government. Currently all of the teacher unions in Iran are disassembled and many of their active members are either arrested or pending an arrest. Three of the arrested teachers have been sentenced to death and their execution is imminent.
The campaign "Be Voice of Iranian Teachers" which is running through Facebook has been able to draw attention of many international organizations and teacher unions across the world within a short period of time. On October 5th this Campaign has issued a statement which carries about 300 signatures of individuals across the board and dozens of trade unions, associations and political parties.
Looking forward to hearing from you in solidarity with our teachers. A copy of the above mentioned statement is attached. We wish freedom and release of all of the imprisoned teachers in Iran.
STATEMENT OF SUPPORT FOR THE IRANIAN TEACHERS
We are a group of civil, political and human rights activists who on the occasion of the World Teachers Day on October 5th wish to congratulate the brave, brilliant and perseverant teachers of our beloved country. And as we commemorate the dear memory of Farzad Kamangar, we wish to draw attention to the following essential issues:
1. We warn against the danger that the bitter experience of Farzad Kamangar’s execution could repeat itself, and express our deepest concerns regarding the imminent execution of further three imprisoned teachers: Abolreza Ghanbari, Hashem Shabaninejad and Hadi Rashedi. We urge all international organizations to take immediate and coordinated action in order to revoke the aforementioned execution orders.
2. We believe that imprisoning teachers is like enchaining thought and education, and hence we demand the immediate and unconditional release of the imprisoned teachers: Mohammad Ali Agoushi, Mahmoud Bagheri, Rasoul Badaghi, Mohamad Daavari and Abdollah Momeni.
3. Development and implementation of unjust, inefficient and hasty policies on education, and students and teachers issues depict an extremely worrisome prospect for the country. Persistence of such policies will cause deep and widespread damage, leading to major crises in the state of education in the country.
4. As long as the teachers are struggling to make ends meet, they are unable to make use of the most of their abilities to educate and nurture students. Therefore we demand for an improved livelihood conditions for our teachers.
5. We demand an end to the heavy security atmosphere and all of the pressure exerted by the intelligence apparatus on the teacher unions and associations, and demand that these organizations to be allowed to resume the legitimate activities. An end to the summons, intimidations, prosecution and exiling of the members of such organizations would be the wisest choice that the ruling government can make in dealing with the educators of the community.
Last but not least, as we emphasize the importance and value of the educational institutions and the role of teachers in building an educated, democratic and developed society, we would like to call upon all civil activists operating in different sectors, to address the educational issues and problems of teachers inside the country.
Abtin Ghafari , Ahsan Zehtab, Azar Yaghmayi, Arash Abadpour (Kamangir), Arash Janati Atayi, Arman Shirazi, Arnoush Azrahini, Azad Moradian, Azadeh Asadi, Azadeh Khosroshahi, Azadeh Kian, Ehsan Mansouri, Ahmad Ahmadian, Ahmad Azad, Ahmad Medadi, Ardavan Ershadef Esmail Khatayi, Ashkan Yazdchi, Ashkboos Taalebi, Akbar Mohabatzadeh, Omid Kouhi, Amir Biglari, Amir Hosein Ganj Bakhsh, Amir Safarian , Amir memarian, Amir Varesteh Heydar, Amin Riahi, Amin Sorkhabi, Iraj Bagherzadeh, Babak Ejlali, Bahram Emami, Bahram Partoy, behrooz Sotoodeh, Behrooz Khaligh, Behrooz Sooren, Behrooz Aadel, Behzad Parnian, Behzad Karimi, Behzad Mehrani, Behnaz Mehrani, Behnam Saaremi, Bijan Eftekhari, Bijan Pirzadeh, Bijan Saf seri, Parto Noori ala, Parvin BakhtiarNejad, Parvin Kahzadi, Parvin Malek, Pari Neshat, Soraya Fallah, Jafar Hosein Zadeh, Jafar Ghadim Khani, Jamshid Asadi, Hamed Ebrahiminejad, Habib Tabrizian, Hojat Narenji, Hosein Behgar, Hasan Jafari, Hasan Shariatmadari, Hasan Nayeb Hashe,m Hosein Tokashavand, Hosein Sobhan, Hasan Taalebi, Hasan Fereshtian, Hasan Masali, Elahi, Hosein Alavi, Hamid Azadi, Hamid Mafi, Hidreza Zarifi Nia, Hanif Hosein Doost, KHadieh Moghadam, Khosro Khaajeh noori, Khosro Alab Akbari, Darab Shabahang, Davood Navayian, Ramin Safizadeh, Rahim Shambiani, Reza boroumand, Reza Siavoshi, Reza Alijani, Reza Fani Yazdi, Reza Ghazi Nouri, Reza Ghoreshi, Reza Kaviani, Reza Karimi, Reza Goharzad, Reza Mobayen, Reza Hiva, Reza Younesi, Ziba Mirhoseini, Jaleh Behroozi , Setahre Hasan pour, Sajad Shahmoradi, Sajad Vesmoradi, Sahar Reza Zadeh, Said Agonji, Said Oayvandi, Sohrab Razaghi, Sourena Hashemi, Soufia Sadigh pour, Siavash Baman, Siavas Siavashi, Siavash Safavi, Siavash Aghbari, Siavash FAraji, Syed Akbar Roohani, Seyed Hanif Sajedi, Seyed Ali Bani Jamali, Sheri Sadegh Kamali, Zia Shahla Bahardoost, Alvandian, Shide Rezayi, Shahab Feyzi, Shahram Fadakar, Shahran Tabari, Khalili, Abbas Hakim zadeh, Abas Shirazi, Abas Mazaheri, Abolhamid Masoomi Tehrani, Asal Pirzadeh, Ali Asghar Ramezanpour, ali Afshari, Ali Akbar Mehdi, Ali Akbar Mousavi Khooini, Ali Porsan, Ali Tarokh, Ali Taghi Pou rineh, Ali hosein Ghazi zadeh, Ali Samad, Ali Tabatabayi, Ali Abdi, Ali Fatovi, Ali Kalayi, Ali Nazari, Emad Hashemi, Emal Maleki, Farya Barlas, Fateme Rezayi, Farokh Negahdar, Farshad Toomaj, Farshid Azarniosh, Farshid Faryabi, Fahad Soofi, Fariba Dovodi Mohajer, Farid Asadi, Farid Ashkan, Fereydoon Naghiibi, Firoozeh Foooladi, Kazem Izadi, Kazem Alamdari, Kambiz Ghafoori, Kamyar Behrang, Katayoon Pezeshki, Katayoon Azimi Fard, Karim Shambiayati, Kamal Davoodi, Kourosh Sahati, Keyvan Forouzan, Gisou Jahangiri, Majid Tamjidi, Majid Moahamadi, Mehrzad Mehrbeomid, Mohsen Zamani, Mohamad Oliayi fard, Mohamad Javad Dardkeshan, Mohamad Javad Sharighi Navid, Moahamad hosein Jafari, Mohamad Sajad Naghavi, Mohamad Sadeghi, Mahmoud Karimi Hakak, Morteza Malek Moahamadi, Maryam Ahari, Maryam Pourtangetani, Maryam Rouzbahani, Maryam Tahmasebi, Maryam Moghadam, Mazdak Abdipour, Masood Azari, Noushin Esfahani, Masoomeh Zia, Meghdad Barimani, Mansour Moadel, AMoochehr Shafayi, Manouchehr Maghsoodnia, Monir Kaashef, Mehdi Aghdam , Medi Amini, Mehdi Khan Baba Tehrani, Mehdi Saidpour, Mehdi Arabshahi, Mehdi Fatapur, Mehdi Nozar, Mehran Barati, Mehran Mostafavi, Mehrdad Ehsani pour, Mehrdad Darvish pour, Mahnaz Parakand, Meysam Roudaki , Nader Entesar, Nader Hashemi, Narges Kermanshahi, Nasim Sarabandi, Negin Bank, Mavad Mostoofi, Nikrooz Olad Azami, Haadeh Kahal zadeh, Halmand Aryabi, Hootan Dolari, Hooman dolati, Vahab ensari, Yohena najaddi, Yousef Azizi Bani Taraf.